Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The earliest recollections of the old members of the yahoo answers cricket section

The earliest recollections of the old members of the yahoo answers cricket section

  1. From Hawkeye Pierce: I came across Y/A by mistake. I just noticed the Answer tab ...I came across Y/A by mistake. I just noticed the Answer tab so i clicked it, et voila. I didn't think much of it as first, as most were young people asking about who is cuter etc. I went on the rugby section and then the cricket section. It's quite clear that some users really love their team and will not allow anyone bad to say anything bad about that team. And you are right with Bingalee and she and many others are a great bunch of guys and gals. I have learnt from many users and have had enjoyed their knowledge.There are some who think that the sun shines out of thier butts, but you get that with life.Greetings from a sunny, yet cool NZ2009-03-21, 05:00:55

  2. From महेन्द्र सिंह धोनी [MSD]: Fuzzypeach was the first one I met with & we really ...Fuzzypeach was the first one I met with & we really became close friends. :] she's gone, i miss her.2009-03-21, 05:01:05

  3. From arsalan_kashi: Rehman bhai .... what my skill of rememberness says :d u ...Rehman bhai .... what my skill of rememberness says :d u r the 1st one or BEN, to whom im contacted with.. otherwise i just came here and give answers... and i remember the 1st talk with u :D that was very short...2009-03-21, 05:13:04

  4. From gking92: Over a year ago. I don't know who my first contact was, but ...Over a year ago. I don't know who my first contact was, but I soon became friends with Kookee and Binga (and since then many more!!!). I seem to remember that there was a fair bit of tension in the section (Things never change!) at the time in the wake of the Symonds-Harbahjan incident. The IPL was also beginning to be talked about.2009-03-21, 05:13:55

  5. From Geka: great i am good here and india won and nz losesuperbhahahgreat i am good here and india won and nz losesuperbhahah2009-03-21, 05:15:53

  6. From Mitch: The first people i met from this section are ...The first people i met from this section are Kiwijoey, Bill and Binga.I added them from the rugby league section only to bump into them later on over here. Have been great contacts since.You have been one of my fairly later contacts...i'm not sure why, but a great contact none the less.2009-03-21, 05:49:20

  7. From crickeys: I remember the amount of abusive questions and answer in ...I remember the amount of abusive questions and answer in thisi section in the hype of Symonds Harbhajan sydney drama.... oh no no no I wont let them put down my team Australia so I joined in this section, but i've never been abusive to anyone, well a slight tease or joke here and there but thought I wasn't that bad....I am very cautious making friends here (can't trust internet fully) but I've made few friends here some of them still in my list.2009-03-21, 05:52:21

  8. From NALAKA Faiяly100%: Furioso,...Montitude and,....TEARs NafeeZ~Furioso,...Montitude and,....TEARs NafeeZ~2009-03-21, 08:43:56
    From Bingalee: Ange,
  9. Quandry,Rehman,Idealist,Matt,KooKee,Kiwijoey,Dave ...Ange, Quandry,Rehman,Idealist,Matt,KooKee,Kiwijoey,Dave Sullivan,Romper Stomper, Murphy,Mitch,Damo,Marco,Cossy, Tears,Nalakafairly. So many I can't remember them all, only those who are still here.Thank you for your comments Rehman & others, I have tried to be fair with everyone, but sometimes it isn't easy as you all realise.All the new ones who are also my contacts I appreciate just as much but I would be here all day if I started naming them!2009-03-21, 10:45:54

  10. From Cricketpissa: What has this got to do with cricket?Why dont you visit ...What has this got to do with cricket?Why dont you visit RSVP or some other dating website so that it can enhance your social well being.2009-03-21, 11:28:09

  11. From tnuc_denots_gnikcuf: initially i just answered regular questions from the main ...initially i just answered regular questions from the main page... i'd been to the cricket section once or twice but saw nothing but racist ranting so i was put off. one day i came back and saw some proper questions so i answered and haven't looked back.i'm not really into the contacts thing, a few people here have become my fan or whatever it is, but i just leave it. it's good to read their answers but... i don't know... in my head i think i have some kind of silent opposition to having internet friends. can't quite put my finger on it. i guess i'm just not too bothered about it. i am a strange fellow, though hahaha.(edit - purely no offence intended, but i didn't even know bingalee was female... wow... i am out of touch)2009-03-22, 01:39:03

  12. From Vain Kerr 000: The very first glance at Ashish besotted me and I expressed ...The very first glance at Ashish besotted me and I expressed my love but that asshole is not like me and now I hate him but I'll never forget that sweet memory thats something that I'll cherish all my life.2009-03-22, 06:09:21

  13. From Fahad: The earliest memories of mine in the cricket section are as ...The earliest memories of mine in the cricket section are as follows-1)Vsssarma being ridiculed for his points system.Then after some time I saw a question that why are you doing this to my father [Vsssarma],he has suffered a heart-attack.I still don't know whether he was really his son or not.2)My first BA which was given to me by Vicky.He had asked a question regarding predictions and my answer satisfied 2 out of 3 conditions so therefore I got the BA.3)When I had joined this section some 4 months ago I used to see some questions which are abuses.At that time I didn't knew anyone.So I made up a random choice and had asked this matter to Bingalee as to why is this happening.4)Once in a question arsalan bhai had written the same answer as mine.I got angry at that time and gave him a TD.I don't know if he remembers this or not.5)My first hattrick in quizzes.For the first time I had answered 3 quiz questions in a row and all the 3 answers were correct.The questionnaire was Mr Yahoo and he congratulated me on becoming the 2nd person to score a hattrick in his quizzes.Then I remember arsalan bhai saying that me and Mr Yahoo are same.So I had mailed him and said that Mr Yahoo and I am not the same and he believed me.Now he is my good friend.6)BTW I don't know who was my first contact in the cricket section but I remember that my first fan on Y!A was Maau.He is an Indian and he is mainly involved in Entertainment section,he is also a fan of Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan.7)In one question where Roger FIMG got 32 TU was chosen as the BA.I had got some 15-20 TD and I think it was Evan's sir question.Edit-It wasn't Evan Sir question.It was Zenthra's question.Roger had got 35 TU where as I had got 20 TD.I don't care about the TD but this is one of my earliest memories so therefore thought of sharing it with you.Now I have many friends and its good to be here.2009-03-22, 06:39:34

  14. From ŞŧµňŋēŘ ßσŋď 27: First 3 contact/friendsRAM NAVJYOTHTBUFahad I have ...First 3 contact/friendsRAM NAVJYOTHTBUFahad I have joined this Cricket section a year back but stopped visiting it due to some personal commitments. Now I am back with different name and avatar.2009-03-22, 08:58:51

  15. From єdgєcator ™: all are very friendly the 3 which i will put== Fahad , ...all are very friendly the 3 which i will put== Fahad , Bond 27, Victoria2009-03-22, 09:59:29

  16. From the Ӳ facюr [Oranje Pride]: As you can see, i first came to this section in January ...As you can see, i first came to this section in January 2007, yeah thats an awful, awful way back...back then, this place was so different. Many of the guys whom i know now(including you, rehman bhai) werent there(i think, not sure of my memory now!). I was active on this section for only 2 weeks, before i went into a long, very long hibernation mode. didnt ever come back until 2 years later, early this yr!!! (i used to go to the science sections rarely last yr though, but not cricket)Anyway, during my initial 2 weeks or so here, i remember only one user, JPeeling, who left an impression on me with his cricket knowledge. But one man isnt an entire cricket section, and so i left cos the other users here back then were not that regular and so this section did not have the charm which it now has...2009-03-22, 10:04:12

  17. From Evan: Let me make a long, long story short. I got and lost some ...Let me make a long, long story short. I got and lost some excellent friends; I grieve for the lost ones, but cherish the ones I have.2009-03-22, 10:15:19

  18. From dendroaspis polylepis: Earliest was when when I had a a user called FiXeR as my ...Earliest was when when I had a a user called FiXeR as my first contact.Then ofcourse Binga added me.But the ones who were very influential were Roger and also Asterix.We had a great deal of fun.2009-03-22, 11:44:14

  19. From Sahar - me back: Well, my first contact was OIM. And I guess my first friend ...Well, my first contact was OIM. And I guess my first friend was Adarsh! Fixer gave me my first BA in this section http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AswWqADaWRBkXJvIVgUFiIPty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20080912002852AA849AM&show=7#profile-info-ZLymgyP6aaI'm not very experienced here and I don't come here often. Because of which many people don't know me! Adarsh was the first to contact me. Then came Ben.....we talked a lot and it still continues! Then came Deeps and I really love conversing with her. She's very brainy! I just started my conversation with Fahad and H_Kela! Just 2 months left to complete my one year in Yahoo answers!2009-03-22, 12:20:11

  20. From вєи: My earliest recollection of this section is answering one of ...My earliest recollection of this section is answering one of Kinney's 'anagram' question, but I could decipher only 3 out of 4 anagram texts. As I was involved in another section, I didn't spend much time on it. It took a month or more for me to revisit this section. This time I was answering Mithrandir's trivia question which I got correctly. And if I'm correct that is my first BA in cricket section and he was my first contact who is no more active in YA. (One of the earliest victim of needless reporting).2009-03-22, 12:29:01

  21. From JustDoIt: I joined YA in July of 2007. It was by accident when I was ...I joined YA in July of 2007. It was by accident when I was doing a search and had no friends or contact - until the fiasco of the Sydney test got started. Oh Boy!!!! it was a nightmare and flurry of exchanges went on in this section and continues to exist even now. I admit,I was furious as well from cricketing point of view and may well have thrown few tantrums at the Aussies. But then I realized it has nothing to do with the fans, but reacted to the actions on the field.Over time I have made few friends and continue to have conversations either in private or in public via YA. FYI, anyone is who interested to be in my contact list without any prejudice I accept. I also make comments and answer in YA the way I look at the game and sport. You may call me a hard core sports fan - but that is how I love the game. Specially after moving to US and until the internet came - I missed a lot of cricket between 1985-1996. I had to purchase DVDs to catch up with the sport. You can call me whatever you want, but I am so dedicated that I have enormous amount to money to get the technology so I can watch the game of cricket and many many sleepless nights(specially during those WC games). But now and then I visit the YA Cricket section as well as others depending on the time I have. I wish all cricket loving fans to enjoy the game and also share the knowledge. Rehman is among many who is a fan of Cricket. I admire his interests and values to the game and this section of YA.2009-03-22, 12:39:31

  22. From Deeps: My first contact was:may i say something but he hasnt been ...My first contact was:may i say something but he hasnt been around for really long....!Among those who are here, it was Adarsh.....I remember my first best answer, i was running round the house and rolling over d floor!!! :pI detest anti national qns but now got used to them........well thats abt it i think!2009-03-22, 01:04:55

  23. From MaximDude: I joined Yahoo Comm in Jan 2007 & my First BA in that ...I joined Yahoo Comm in Jan 2007 & my First BA in that was abt Womens cricket team.But after that i doesn't log in my account & as per Yahoo policy. account was deleted after 3 months.This is my second account.First time i think i was programming . First BA was in Wrestling section on Undertaker.My first contact was Bill P & fan also.after that i got many friends.My most of conversation is with Fahad, 22 , Bill P , Victoria ,Arslan Bhaji , Mamba alsoReally a good section with a lot good users.Edit- Evan sir also & many more(i forgot the names)2009-03-22, 11:47:25

  24. From Queen of hearts [victoria]: Great Question Rehman Sir!I came across Y! Answers while ...Great Question Rehman Sir!I came across Y! Answers while i was trying to explore Yahoo! :)my first answer was; who would u pick to bat for ur life?by Sir Paddles.my first Best Answer was for this Q; How to get clearer skin naturally? by Kai HAll my Contacts r very good users ! most friendly contacts r;The Cheetah, Bond, TBU, Mr.Yahoo, Evan Sir, RIP and bala.initially... when i started @ Y!A, there was a mini cold war going on between Indian and aussie fans! Like any other Indian... i tried to hit back @ aussies! but later realised that all these were unnecessarily creating hatred among the two! i tried to bring peace, but it was vain!It added fuel to the fire! so i stopped worrying about these!Once i even thought of leaving the section considering the amount of abuses i got in a single question! but thanks to Evan Sir and TBU, who advised me and stopped me from going away!I now know how much i would have missed...if i had left this section @ that time! Now i have great Fun here! my cricket knowledge is also increasing a bit! and above all i have some good Friends and lovely moments to cherish!!!2009-03-23, 12:32:40

  25. From Srini: I came to know about YA when I was in US for an Onsite ...I came to know about YA when I was in US for an Onsite assignment. Initially, I did not register in yahoo. I was just a silent spectator watching all the activities in Cricket section just to kill my free time. I registered in yahoo in Jan 2008. At that time, there was a huge fight going on between Indians and Australians about Sydney fiasco (It is sad that it still continues). In between many people tried to bring peace in the section but of no use. I feel this section is now better when compared to its Sydney era.I am not a regular user so I don't have much contacts here. My work commitments stopping me to be a regular user. I usually come to this site when i get free time in the office. I also love to answer cricket quizzes. Unfortunately, Cricinfo site is blocked in my office so all I could do is just read those quizzes and answers.My first contact was Evan. Then came Fahad, Twenty two, Cross Fire, Sir Paddles and Silver. All are very nice users.2009-03-23, 03:28:20

  26. From Ria: Fixer was my first contact, and Adarsh was my first friend ...Fixer was my first contact, and Adarsh was my first friend on Y!A. When I first joined the cricket section, people were questioning Sourav Ganguly’s place in the team, and I’m a huge Sourav fan. At first, I remember being around mostly to defend him, but later I just got addicted and stayed on even after he retired.2009-03-23, 04:35:30

  27. From Nineteen: Nice Q!I've been here for nearly two months now.My ...Nice Q!I've been here for nearly two months now.My first contact was one of these three. Fahad, RIP or Mr Yahoo, I don't remember who was first but they were my first three.Out of those I regularly talk to RIP and Fahad so I guess you could say they were my first friends.My earliest recollections were asking a quiz in this section where Ben and JP answered. The funny thing is I thought I didn't know who JP was.Since then I've met a whole bunch of new people.2009-03-23, 06:42:35

  28. From hi: Dylan GoffDylan Goff2009-03-24, 05:21:44

  29. From Pokemaniac: Great question Rehman.It has been just over 4 months ...Great question Rehman.It has been just over 4 months since I joined Yahoo! Answers.That time, my username was Jeff Hardy RULES.The Age of Jeff. I used to get lots of junk e-mails from stupid trolls sayin Jeff sucks..blablabla....Then I decided to change my name.I think my first contacts were Black Mamba, Arsalan, OIM, Amit..First few months, I used to visit the Polls & Surveys section. Then one day while exploring this site, I came across this section. I sed to watch what was happening in this section silently. Then after few weeks (around 2 months ago..) I started posting questions and answers in this section. I even started posting a Quiz series (I was inspired by Arsalan's quizzes)....From then on, I've had over 35 contacts, all are friendly and good...Hoping to get my quiz series to 200!2009-03-25, 06:02:42

  30. From King: I am here from nearly 4 months,It is really great ...I am here from nearly 4 months,It is really great entertainment.My first cricket contact is Ramnavjyoth.Somehow,I feel him like best friend and recently fahad,angelo connected to me.Fahad is a nice guy too.He is really friendly.Silver is a great contact too.Apart from cricket,I had a good group in tennis section.I am mad of this section and feel everyone of you are my friends.Just a great time and hopefully will continue for a long time.Thank you.2009-03-27, 02:34:10

1 comment:

Arsalan Ghouri said...

Great effort Rehman G. by Arsalan

Chat here


email me

COUNTER