Friday, May 23, 2008

CRICKET QUIZ #4

Cricket Quiz #4

Dear Friends,

Quiz #3 seemed to be very easy for some really smart people. Lets see how you do in Quiz #4.

Again, please answer wisely, I will archive the best response/responses.

Question 1: For a spinner what are these 2 deliveries, (left and right) called?
Slide1


Question 2: What spin delivery is this?
Slide2



Question 3 : What is this shot called (full form please)?
Slide2


Question 4: Why is this person famous?
Slide4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST ANSWER was by PRINCE

(the posts are as is and minimally edited to fit)

A bit about Prince and his favourites in cricket:

Favourite Cricket Shot: Late Cut

Favourite positin to Bat : One Down: Because : Thats an Importanat Position .. when the wicket falls early you need to put a solid base .. or if you have had a great start then you have to consolidate.

Favourite Bowling Delivery: Out Swinger.. and Inswinging Yorker

Preferred Fielding positin: Point

-----------------------------------------------------------------

According to Prince the correct answers are:

1)Googly (Right) and Doosra (Left)

2)Top spin

3)Leg Flick or an Hip Flick (It was Lara's Favourite shop)

4)Dickie Bird ..the Great test Umpire

and yes all were correct responses. Fantastic job, you sure know your cricket !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some favourites :

I had also asked a few general questions to my friends:

1. What is your favourite cricket shot?
2. What position do you like to bat and why?
3. What is your favourite bowling delivery?
4. What is your preferred fielding position?


These are some intersting replies:

Prince says:

Favourite Cricket Shot: Late Cut

Positin to Bat : One Down: Because : Thats an Importanat Position .. when the wicket falls early you need to put a solid base .. or if you have had a great start then you have to consolidate.

Favourite Bowling Delivery: Out Swinger.. and Inswinging Yorker

Preferred Fielding positin: Point


Furioso Lion88 says:

Salaam Rehman.

Edit:1. What is your favourite cricket shot?Anywhere around the field.

2. What position do you like to bat and why?I'm a middle order batsman that, is very aggresive as an opener batsman.

3. What is your favourite bowling delivery?My favorite bowling delivery is the inswinger deliveries or yorkers bc, i have passion to bowl for wickets only since childhood However, I love to bowl bc, Bowling is my only gate way ticket to express my feelings & emotions for wickets only.I love bowling.I have passion & inside anger that motivates me to get the wickets i want VS any batsman.My actions & glory comes off my bowling actions.I'm a fast right arm pace bowler that has nothing to lose but, wickets from the oppostion batting line-up.AMEN.

4. What is your preferred fielding position?I play silly mid on bc, i have 100% confindence i will catch any cric ball from a fatal mis hit from a batsman.

..................... further Bro. Furious (as I call him) writes:

Even if i got all four wrong, i just like to say you got a cool blog Rehman & your a unique Pakistani person. I never seen or met a Pakistani person like you that has intrest of other cultures or diversity. (I have many Pakistani cricket friends & 4our Pakistani friends i know since my early teens)
10 hours ago
Source(s):
Barhiya...blog Rehman.
..........................

Thanks Bro. Furious for your compliments. One of the main purpose of my writing has been to understand from different people different aspects of their fascinating cultures. I want to also establish that irrespective of whether we are muslims, christians, hindus or jews we can all see the unity in each others religions. Furthermore, by the name of the Almighty and all the prophets there are or have been : the biggest religion (as stated by the Sufi saints and all great people in the world) is to give food to the hungry, water to the thirsty, clothes to the naked and shelter to the homeless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also posted by
Mumbhai Indian:

1. What is your favourite cricket shot?

Straight Drive

2. What position do you like to bat and why?

No.3.

What is your favourite bowling delivery?

Left arm off spin

4. What is your preferred fielding position?

covers

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all

Rehman of Multan


EDIT: MISTAKE POINTED OUT BY MUMBHAI INDIA

He just sent me this email:

Message: Hey thnx Rehman bhai 4 adding me in ur contact's list!I saw the correct answers to the Quiz #4..but I didn't get the first one...you have mentioned that the right one as googly and left one as doosra..hws that possible?For a right arm off spin bowler, from off it is turning inwards..so off spin and leg to off will be a doosra right?That means left is an off spin and right one will be a doosra.For a leg spinner, left will be wrong-un or googly and right will be leg-spin.Please don't hesitate to clarify me.Loved your Q's.TC bbye

My comments: yes indeed Mumbhai Indian you are absolutely correct. Very astute obeservation. Thank you and please accept my apologies.

No comments:

Chat here


email me

COUNTER